Subject: Feedback on Comment list

Below are link to the feedback we received through the comment list, as well
as a propopsed resolution. Unfortunately I was not subscribed to the comments
list at the time we received the feedback, and therefore cannot forward it
directly.

Minor typo in 14.11 Outline Style

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200608/msg00004.html

This is a typo. I propose that we correct it.

Tables: default-cell-style-name interpretation

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200607/msg00003.html

This is a clarification request for the "table:default-cell-style-name"
attribute described in section 8.1.2. The current attribute description is:

"The table:default-cell-style-name attribute specifies a default cell style.
Cells contained in the row without an individual cell style use these default
cell style."

There was a long discussion on the user mailing list regarding the
interpretation of this attribute, and the essential question seems to be
whether the attribute should be applied to cells that are displayed by
typical spreadsheet applications (because they usually display sheets as a
very large/indefinite table), but are not contained in the table stored in a
file.

Actually, I think that the OpenDocument specification shall only specify the
behavior for cells that are actually contained in the document. An
application may of course display more cells, and typical office applications
usually do so, but it is up to the application to decide how to render them.
I therefore think that the current description is sufficient, because it
specifies what happens for cells that are contained in the document, and
makes no assumptions for others.

The clarification request further contains the following suggestions:

 > 1. Split the third paragraph of 8.1 "Basic Table Model", so it becomes more
 > obvious, that the rendering part belongs to both kind of apps. It would
 > also increase the readability.

This seems to be reasonable. I propose that we add a paragraph break before
the sentence that starts with "All other applications typically".

 > 2. Clarify, that the spreadsheet loading part refers to the dimension of
 > the spreadsheet app, not the dimension of the saved doc. It's already given
 > by 'just like in an empty sheet', but obviously it's not definite enough.

Actually, the "spreadsheet loading part" always refers to the dimension of
the saved doc, and never to dimension of the table that is displayed by an
application. I therefore propose to not change this.

 > 3. The spec should be extended to make use of the brevity approach. E.g. by
 > introducing two cell attributes "style-columns-repeated"
 > and "style-rows-repeated". A cell, lying in the repeated range, use this
 > style, except the cell sets its own. The repeated range belongs to the used
 > area. This would be even more flexible and brevity comes to its optimum,
 > because you can define style repetitions starting at an arbitrary cell
 > instead of being fixed to columns or rows.

This actually is a request for an enhancement. We may consider this for a
post 1.1 version of OpenDocument