Subject: OpenDocument TC Work Call Minutes 2006-08-28

1. Dial-In, Roll Call

Members:
Robert Weir, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patrick Durusau, Individual
James Mason, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards, The OpenDocument Foundation
Florian Reuter, The OpenDocument Foundation
David Wheeler, The OpenDocument Foundation

Observers:
Dhananjay Keskar, Intel

2. Minutes Approval

The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
work call.

3. Action Items

michael: check comments and summarize - done, see wiki
   chekced for new comments in the list archives
   found two new which were not received directly, added to wiki

4. OpenDocument 1.1 Comments

(michael) we should work on comments/proposal today (work call) and vote
in the next coordination call...

error in 4.3.2 - errata (David Faure)
- no objection

use of relative IRIs in packages:
this is unclear because one might conclude, that no files outside the
package can be referenced although the meaning is, that no subfiles of
other packages can be referenced.
(rob) is there a technical restriction as to why we cannot access files
within other packages
(lars) we should leave out the statement about resolving resources in
other packages
(michael) other option is to clarify. relative uri resolution by making
it clear that referencing within the same package is possible and
referencing into other packages is not
(rob) we should be aware of not making a change that is too
significant, as we are already in review
(michael) agreed
(rob) we should stay with the intent
(lars) I agree, leaving it out would change the intent, so we should fix
that for 1.2
(michael) so we clarify for 1.1 and revise it for 1.2
(lars) so how do we clarify
(michael)we state that external files can be referenced, because that is
what is unclear.
"only files within the same package and files outside the package can be
referenced"
- no more objections -
ACTION: michael to clarify reasons for restrictions

white space processing:
should white space at the beginning or end of paragraph be omitted
(michael) we state that we behave like html and that is enough
(davidW) I think, that there were more confusions from KOffice regarding
white space. You should get back to them directly and check whether this
resolves it
(michael) I will check with the original poster

typo in outline style section (from list) - just correct it

default-style-name attribute (from list)
question is whether this style is applied to empty cells
(lars) I think we should clarify to what kinds of cells this style
applies too. It does not apply to cells, that are not part of the document
- no objection -

(michael) we will address the remaining items on the list, so we can
resolve all points next meeting.
- no objection

New Action Items:
All: continue discussion of comments on the mailing list

5. Next meeting
[No call next Monday (US Labour Day)]
Coordination-Call: 2006-09-11 3:00PM-4:00PM UTC

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55