Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Agenda September 11,2006

Hi Michael,

The Accessibility subcommittee has a small update to our charter, which
we would like you to consider at your meeting Monday.  I have gotten
approval of this change from a quorum of our subcommittee, and the
co-chair.  The old (as of 2 days ago) proposal was:

--------------

Statement of purpose
1. Ongoing review of the OpenDocument specification for accessibility,
both to discover potential accessibility issues and to improve the
usability and functionality of creating, reading, and editing office
documents for people with disabilities.
2. To provide accessibility related feedback to the OpenDocument
Technical Committee and implementors of the OpenDocument specification.

Deliverables
1. Accessibility related guidelines for OpenDocument implementors and
users.
2. Proposals for accessibility enhancements to the OpenDocument
specification.

--------------

We would prefer instead that it be:

--------------

Statement of purpose
1. To provide accessibility related feedback to the OpenDocument
Technical Committee and implementors of the OpenDocument specification.
2. Ongoing review of the OpenDocument specification for accessibility,
both to discover potential accessibility issues and to improve the
usability and functionality of creating, reading, and editing office
documents for people with disabilities.

Deliverables
1. Accessibility related guidelines for OpenDocument implementors and
authors.
2. Proposals for accessibility enhancements to the OpenDocument
specification.

Essentially we are swapping the order of the statement of purpose, and
changing "users" to "authors" in the first deliverable.

I hope this change doesn't come to late to be voted on at your meeting
on Monday.

Thanks,

Peter Korn
co-chair