Subject: Re: [office] ODF with W3C CDF

In current ODF spec, the SVG, SMIL and XForm are using ODF specific namespace instead of formal W3C namespace. That means when we say ODF support SVG, SMIL and XForm, it is not the original spec but ODF spec. Which makes there are some duplicated effort in ODF implementation. For instance, a SVG processor could not be use directly and formal SVG, SMIL or XForm contents could not be embedded into ODF directly.

And in industry, there are more and more useful specification emerging which could enhance the functionality of ODF, we should find a way (or a "container") in ODF, to make such format/specification/namespace be integrated into ODF easily. That's the intention of my previous post.

Ma Yue

Inactive hide details for "Bruce D'Arcus" ---10/17/2006 01:35:37 AM---On Oct 16, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:"Bruce D'Arcus" ---10/17/2006 01:35:37 AM---On Oct 16, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

          "Bruce D'Arcus" <bruce.darcus@OpenDocument.us>

          10/17/2006 01:35 AM

OpenDocument <office@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

Re: [office] ODF with W3C ODF

On Oct 16, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> I dimly recall that WG 1 in SC 34 in the RELAX standard (now in ten
> parts so pardon my memory) has a mechanism for dealing with
> namespaces. I will run that down and post a reference to the list.
> Just something we might want to look at in considering your
> suggestion.

If we're just talking about validation, there's:

<
http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/nrl.html>

I wasn't really sure what Ma was asking about though. What specifically
do we mean by "a formal way to introduce or combine different
namespace/format"?

Bruce

GIF image