Subject: Re: [office] ODF with W3C CDF

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2006, at 7:02 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>> The reason we are using our own namespaces for SVG, SMIL and XSL-FO
>> are not validation problems, but that these specifications do not
>> contain schema modules that we may include. In particular, they do not
>> define global attributes, but all attributes do only exist for
>> specific elements.
>
> Question: is it the case that they simply by oversight "do not define"
> these global attributes (as I would guess), or is there a sound
> technical reason for it (which I'd guess not)?

I think there are no technical reasons, but defining these attributes is
some work.

> If the former, then it might be worth revisiting again going forward?

We may actually get in contact with the various groups, but since these
attributes have to be in a W3C recommendation before we can use them,
this is probably not a topic for ODF 1.2. We also have to take into
account that changing namespaces would be an incompatible change.