Subject: OpenDocument v1.1 approved as an OASIS Comittee Specification

Dear TC members,

I'm glad to report that OpenDocument v1.1 has been approved as an OASIS
Committee Specification. The ballot, which was conducted by OASIS,
closed last night. All TC members that were eligible to vote casted
their vote, and the specification was unanimously approved.

OpenDocument v1.1 therefore is an official OASIS specification now, and
available for implementation. I will prepare the official specification
documents in the next couple of days.

In our work call at Monday the attending TC members made a motion to
further advance the specification to an OASIS standard. I propose that
we carry this motion formally in our coordination call on Monday. That
means, that we agree to ask Mary to conduct an additional ballot to
submit the Committee Specification to the membership of OASIS for
consideration as an OASIS Standard.

Under the assumption that this vote is successful and that we meet the
other administrative requirements, the OASIS standard ballot for
OpenDocument 1.1 will take place in the second half of January.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has
contributed to OpenDocument 1.1, and in particular the Accessibility
Subcommittee.

I'm looking forward to working with all TC and SC members on the
OpenDocument v1.2 specification.

Best regards

Michael Brauer

OpenDocument TC Chair