Subject: Re: [office] id or xml:id attribute?

Bruce,

A further wrinkle: Note that text:id is defined as string not ID. I have
not checked on the others.

I will have to re-read the spec but to change the interpretation of
text:id to be ID may pose backward compatibility problems.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Dave Pawson wrote:
>
>> I think 1.2 would be a good chance to decide if we mean xml:id
>> or just another attribute.
>>
>> I don't think this would meet your example Bruce?
>

> What's the referent of "this" Dave?
>
> My understanding of xml:id is that it does indeed fullfill the need
> to identify and reference document fragments, in a general and
> consistent way.
>
> But in any case, we need it to be able to support one of our use
> cases, which I think implies at minimum that ids must be unique
> across all the namespaces.
>
> Might be good to consider adding xml:id in the future though.
>
> Bruce

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005