Subject: Re: [office] Version Attribute Proposal

>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 11/24/06 10:28 AM >>>
>- In order to achieve that ODF 1.0/1.2 remain valid ODF 1.2 instances, I
>   have kept the attribute optional in the schema. The description
>   however states that the attribute actually is mandatory for ODF 1.2
>   documents.

I would recommend to make version attribute mandatory.

I don't see a problem with validation, since a mandatory version attribute will also validate against ODF1.0 where it is
optional.

However the question at the end of the day is whether we want ODF1.2 to be valid against the ODF1.0 grammar. Or whether
this is possible at all?

So if we can't make ODF1.2 valid against the ODF1.0 grammar --- which I suspect --- then a mandatory version attribute
is even more important I guess.

~Florian