Subject: OASIS Symposium -- 15-18 April in San Diego

Details are here:  http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/call-for-participation.php

A few things to think about:

1) There will be meeting rooms available at the site if we want to have a fact-to-face TC meeting on the 18th, 19th or 20th.  This is something we might want to consider, meeting as the ODF TC and/or a joint meeting with the ODF Adoption TC.  Is there anyone else who planning on attending? Should we reserve a meeting room for a TC face-to-face?  Considering the timing of the Symposium, this might be a good chance for a final walkthrough of the 1.2 specification as well as some brainstorming/planning around ODF futures.

2) It is not too late to submit proposals for a presentation at the Symposium.  This could be a short (20 minute) talk, a longer one (40 minutes + questions), a 60 minute panel, or even a half-day tutorial.

3) There are two ODF-related topics that I know are being considered.  The Adoption TC is planning a panel discussion on interoperability, looking at the topic from several angles (interoperability among ODF editors, interoperability with other markups, interoperability best practices, etc.)  I'm also planning one on ODF futures (ODF 1.2 and 1.3).  Sure, we haven't talked about ODF 1.3 much, but I'm trusting by the time April comes around we'll have discussed it enough that I won't be standing there with nothing to say <g>  If anyone wants to help on either of these two topics, or has ideas for additional topics, please speak up.  In theory the call for papers ends today, but I believe we may be able to sneak one in a few days late if needed.

Regards,