Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Re: Splitting View and Model

The rest can wait, but on this, just to clarify:

On Dec 20, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

>> If we have this:
>> <text:link
>>     meta:property="http://ex.net/client";
>>     meta:resource="http://ex.net/contacts/1";>Jane Doe</text:link>
>> ... the actual description (say a vCard representation) is apart from
>> the content, but we still have *some* metadata there. The string
>> "Jane Doe" is just a label (not per se metadata).
>
> Let's see if I did understand that. You have Jane Doe's vCard
> somewhere. And the two
> attributes meta:property and meta:resource do not specify metadata by
> themselves, but "duplicate" them to get a link to the vCard entry?

In this case, the reference itself (those two attribute) *is* a
metadata statement; it defines the relation between the document and
the resource (the person).

So say we have a document identified with a URI of "http://ex.net/foo";.
The triple might be:

<http://ex.net/foo> <http://ex.net/client> <http://ex.net/contacts/1> .

What I was saying is that the content in the element (the string "Jane
Doe") is just a label (not unlike in any link element).

Hope that helps.

Bruce