Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Multiple content nodes representing on RDFsubject

Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>> A real example for this could be marking text as important, where one
>> probably does not want to assign an id to all pieces of text that are
>> important.
>
> OK, let's think about this. What if we assumed the piece of text as a
> resource, but without a URI; hence a blank node in RDF terms?
>
> We want to attach a property (that indicates it is important) to that
> resource somehow.
>
> We could do:
>
>     <text:span meta:class="http://ex.net/foo";>bar</text:span>
>
> ... and:
>
> <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://ex.net/foo";>
>   <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
> </rdf:Description>

 From my non-meta-data-expert perspective, this looks good. In any case, better than using
xpointers. So, yes, if this is okay from the metadata perpective, it is okay for me, too.

> Perhaps we optionally allow the meta:class attribute to be attached to
> styles for some indirection (?).

One could do so if the semantic if this attribute is to attach the given class to every
paragraph or text portion that gets the style assigned by the user. But in any case, the
class must be copied to object/element in the content. Otherwise, the semantic of the
document gets changes if the styles are exchanged.

> Does that solve this case?

I think so.