Subject: Re: [office] data templating (and citations)

Hi Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On Feb 1, 2007, at 5:45 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>>> So my question is, how shall we deal with this issue?
>>> I see two options:
>>> 1)  use CSL for configuration (either blessed by the ODF TC, or not)
>>
>> Is there a specification for CSL? How stable is it?
>
> There is a commented schema that I'd call a 1.0 draft (so subject to
> minor changes), which can form the basis of a spec, but I've not yet
> done the formal written spec.

When will the formal spec be ready? I think it is obvious that the TC
can only consider to use/include CSL in ODF if there is a formal spec in
the style of the ODF specification itself that the TC can review. Do you
think this formal spec is something that you can prepare in the ODF 1.2
timeline, or more within the timeline of a later version.

>> And is it going to be standardized?
>
> I'm certainly open to that.
>
> As you might guess, it'd take a little time for this to happen.

Sure. So an option we have is to switch to CSL when it has been
standardized, and to stay with current solution until when, maybe adding
the one or two mostly wanted features to it.

Do you have any idea where you would like to standardize CSL?

> Bruce

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS