Subject: Re: [office] Adding support for "em" measurements

Dave,

Dave Pawson wrote:

> On 20/02/07, Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> Should have checked my email archives *before* hitting the send button.
>>
>> The concern is not with "em" but with "pt."
>>
>> As reported by my friend Martin Bryan from the UK:
>>
>> >Also I'm a printer, so the term pt raises a rag to a bull. Do you mean
>> >1/72nd of an inch used in modern copires, the Anglo/American point
>> used in
>> >printing in the US and UK or the European Diderot point?
>

> Since that is another fixed size unit which is wholly screen dependent
> I'd support dropping pt support, as per other specs.

Err, "wholly screen dependent"?

I understand that it is a printing measurement.

I don't think it is a question of "dropping pt support" as much as it is
enabling users to register the choices they made for printing of the
material. Yes?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005