Subject: Re: [office] Open questions

Hi Oliver,

a) So I conclude that the document attached to http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00152.html will be
rendered as
1.P1
2.P2
Text
I.P3
II.P4
Text
1.P5
2.P6

according to your lastest proposal. I need confirmation for that.

b)
> I don't know, what's the intention of the questions about
> style:list-style-name and text:start-value is? Can you please explain?

I am not confident with the status of your current proposal. I learned several things in the mail thread which are not
reflected in your proposal at all.

So I would like to ask you to explicitly make a statement about all the attributes of a text:list, text:list-item,
text:numbered-paragraph. Altought the only statement is "the behaviour will not be changed". (However as I learned for
example that continue-numbering for numbered-paragraphs should be removed... I guess you have to state this)

Since there has been so much uncertany you would help me (and the other TC memebers) when you would include some
normative samples.

I also guess there is a need to clarify what a the default values of a default style are.

~Florian

>>> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software engineer - Sun Microsystems Inc <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM> 03/14/07 9:30 AM

Hi Florian,

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I still have the following open questions:
> * http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00152.html
>    So OOo 2.1 is not conforming to the spec. When your proposal is accepted the document numbersample01 will be
rendered
> differently, right?

I think this question is somehow off-topic.
Question: How will the answer to this question help you to understand
the existing proposal?

However, it seems that OOo has a defect in this case. As your are an
OOo developer, please submit a corresponding issue.

> * http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00124.html
>    So what about style:list-style-name and text:start-value?
>    What about the default value problem of text:continue-list.

I don't know, what's the intention of the questions about
style:list-style-name and text:start-value is? Can you please explain?
The existing proposal doesn't change anything to the existing
attributes style:list-style-name and text:start-value.

For the new optional attribute text:continue-list, which I proposed in
message
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00153.html, no
default value is needed and sensible, because by default a list
doesn't continue a numbering of another list.

But, I've also got some questions to you, Florian:
- Do you agree, that the list style of a list belongs to the style
markup of a document?
In my opinion, the list style of a list belongs to the style markup.
- Do you agree, that in ODF documents the style markup has to be
separated from the content markup and that leaving out the style
markup of a document doesn't change the content structure/meaning?
In my opinion, this is the case.
- Do you agree, that it is a very bad idea for ODF to define that
style markup define/influence the content structure - namely using the
list style of list items/numbered paragraphs to define, which list
items/numbered paragraphs form a list?
In my view, it is a bad idea.

Regards, Oliver.