Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-03-12

* Rollcall
Yue Ma, IBM
Robert Weir, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Patric Durusau
David Faure, KDE
Thomas Zander, KDE
Florian Reueter, Novell
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Eike Radtke, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Bruce D'Arcus, OpenDocument Foundation
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

* Minutes from last coordination-call
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination-call.

* Action Items
None

* Proposals for 1.2
** New position and space Attributes
Oliver integrated comments from Florian
There were no more comments...
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts the proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00031.html

** Digital Signature
We may get additional prop. for visual signatures. Current proposal is
not in conflict with that. We could thus agree on this basic version now
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00085.html

** Language Tag Proposal
Last clarifications from Eike went into the proposal
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00162.html

** Add style-name to text-outline element
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00105.html

** Add empty default outline level attribute
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00106.html

** Add Animations to Master-Page Shapes
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00123.html

** Chapter Info for Indexes
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts this proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00173.html

** 6 chart proposals:
proposal for charts: angle-offset
proposal for charts: ring-hole
proposal for charts: stock-chart-markers
proposal for charts: hide-series
proposal for charts: error-indicators
proposal for charts: text-auto-scaling
RESOLUTION: The TC accepts these proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00008.html,
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00009.html

** Proposals under discussion:
- database front-end: discussion is close to consensus
- formula baseline alignment: withdraw this proposal. This is an
application feature
Thomas: sounds good to me (to not have it)

** right angled axes
ACTION: Lars to ask for more elaborate description (sample graphics?)

** Wild-cards for cell address ranges
ongoing, under investigations (Eike)

Michael: I would suggest that we do coordination calls every week while
we are nearing 1.2 completion, so that we can get decisions done faster

** Numbered Paragraphs
Michael: we are currently discussing interpretation of 1.1. There seem
to be simply different viewpoints on how the current spec can be
interpreted. We should focus on specifying it correctly for 1.2 rather
than debating the interpretation of 1.1
Florian: agree. will there be a clarification on how 1.1 should work
Thomas: we can't change 1.1 or 1.0 so we can only make it right for 1.2
Lars: We can issue an errata that addresses the issue in 1.1
consistently with what we specify for 1.2
Florian: I currently don't feel that it is underspecified
Lars: you can come up with multiple contradicting interpretations, which
are all valid with regards to the current specifications, thus it is
underspecified.
Florian: let's talk about 1.2 than
Oliver: current proposal tries to solve some of these problems in the
current spec:
- changing list styles for text:list (style override)
- list-id for numbered paragraphs, that allows to express how numbered
paragraphs are related (list-id)
I think that Florians examples do not cover these insufficiencies.
Florian: I am going to vote 'no'
- some attributes not covered in proposals
- algorithm is non-deterministic
- list/counter relationship
Michael: current proposal is a compromise...
... we introduced list elements with the purpose of introducing the
counter. It was not intended, that the counting would be the
responsibility of the style
Florian: ... html has no numbered paragraphs
Oliver: the algorithms I proposed was only for you because you asked for
it. It is only intended for you and not part of the proposals. You
didn't comment on it...
Oliver: Florian, you are currently not working on a proposal to convert
num-paras into list. You are rather working on an alternate proposal for
list and style-override
Thomas: it is ok for me Florian if you do not understand this. What I do
have a problem with is, that you didn't really participate in coming to
the current proposal and only raise some problems that you have with it
right before the call. At this point, you should maybe trust in two guys
who are actually implementing this in two word processors
Rob: is anything lost by waiting until next week
Thomas: I would like to have some sort of guarantee, that if we continue
discussion, that we really get some work done until next week.
Michael: with another coordination call coming up next week, we can
allow for another week of discussion. But I request that everyone
involved really focusing on reaching a consensus.

Oliver: If we continue this topic, let us please finish the discussion
by Friday, so that members in the US have a chance to be up to date.

* Call ends.

* Next call:
Coordination call, Mon. 2007-03-19,
8:00am PDT (3:00pm GMT).

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer                                         Nagelsweg 55