Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for clarification,enhancement andnormative examples for text:list and text:numbered paragraphsin ODF1.2

Hi Michael,

I guess step one to a consensus is that both parties clearly present their point of view and understand the others point
of view.

I took more than two weeks to understand Oliver's/Thomas'/David's and your point of view. I guess its fair that I give
you a chance to understand my point of view.

The difference of my proposal arises from the "uses cases" I defined in my proposal:

a) Backward compatibility with ODF1.0/ODF1.1
Your proposal does not meet that requirement of mine illustrated by the following XML fragment
<text:list style-name="L1" text:id="id1_1" >
   <text:list-item><text:p>P1</text:p></text:list-item>
   <text:list-item><text:p>P2</text:p></text:list-item>
</text:list>
<text:list style-name="L1" text:id="id1_2" >
   <text:list-item><text:p>P3</text:p></text:list-item>
   <text:list-item><text:p>P4</text:p></text:list-item>
</text:list>
<text:list style-name="L1" text:id="id1_3" text:continue-list="id1_1" text:continue-numbering="true">
   <text:list-item><text:p>P5</text:p></text:list-item>
   <text:list-item><text:p>P6</text:p></text:list-item>
</text:list>

b) Backward compatibility with "legacy" ODF docs arose from the fact that ODF1.1 wasn't clearly specified

Your proposal does not deal with this use case.

c) 100% roundtrip fidelity between text:list and text:numbered-paragraph

Your proposal does require the invention of temporary/auxilliary styles on conversion.

d) ODF 1.2 numbering should be independent from an applications counter implementation

Your proposal does require a certain counter implementation strategy.

e) Use case for ODF1.2 list-override enhancement

Your proposal meet this use case.

Best regards,

~Florian

>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 03/16/07 11:54 AM >>>
Hi Florian,

in order to work towards a consensus, I strongly suggest that you,
instead of providing a new proposal, state what you would like to have
changed or added to the existing proposal at

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00172.html

This is the proposal that several TC members had worked on for several
months, and that was the center of our discussions during the last two
weeks.

If you nevertheless wish to provide your own proposal, then please state
clearly what the differences between your proposal and the other
proposal are, so that those TC members that did not follow the
discussions can easily see where the differences are.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Michael

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>
> please find attached an alternative proposal for the "Proposal for clarification, enhancement and normative examples
for
> text:list and text:numbered paragraphs in ODF1.2" that the TC may want to consider.
>
> I'm happy to work on a consensus based on the two proposals.
>
> ~Florian

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer