Subject: Re: [office] revised proposal: new attributes text:style-override and text:list-id

On Thursday 15 March 2007 10:25, Oliver-Rainer Wittmannwrote:
> Proposal:
> (1) Introduce new mandatory attribute text:list-id for
> <text:numbered-paragraph>. The purpose of this attribute is to group
> certain instances of <text:numbered-paragraph> together to one list.
> Thus, all numbered paragraphs with the same list-id form a list and
> each list-id defines one counter domain.
> For the start values of the counter domain defined by a list-id it's
> proposed to use the start values of the list style of the first
> numbered paragraph of the list.

[]
> (4) Each top-most list block denotes a certain list and defines the
> counter domain for its including list items and sub lists. The list
> style, which will be applied to this list, can define start values for
> each list level. A specified list style on a certain sub list
> overrides a possible given start value for its list level, if it
> contains the list definition for this list level. Each sub list
> restarts the counter for its list level.

I'm going to be very annoying now :)
The above two sections are for numbered-paragraphs and text:lists
respectively. And they are suppost to say the same.
But they don't due to a slight wording issue in section one.
The effect is that for numbered paragraphs the style used for the first
paragraph suggests the start of numbering for all levels over the whole list.
The text:list one instead uses the start from the overridden style on a
sublist instead of the top-level list.

Lets both do the same; and as we agreed upon the latter behavior some weeks
ago. The textual change (in point 1) is;

  For the start values of the counter domain defined by a list-id it's
  proposed to use the start values of the list style of the first
- numbered paragraph of the list.
+ numbered paragraph at every list level.

Oliver, you concur?
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature