Subject: Re: [office] Evalutions of my proposal wrt. the reqs

The last paragraph of

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200703/msg00241.html

states:

"Since there are a couple of requirements, I don't know how long it will
take to actually compare them to the requirements. I will put the topic
on the agenda of the call on Monday if, and only if, I think we have
enough information available Thursday COB to make a decision either on a
proposal or how to proceed in the call."

Michael

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Actually where does this Thursday deadline come from? In the TC meeting you said Friday; close of business hours in
> Europe --- as far as I recall.
>

> ~Florian

> Florian,
>
> Florian Reuter wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> wrt.
>> a) samples.
>> Sure. I'm working on this. Just wanted to provide the overview analysis in order to meet the Friday deadline.
>
> The deadline for the call today was Thursday actually. I had chosen this
> deadline to give others a chance to comment on an analysis, that again
> may be read by all of us. Since your analysis comes to very different
> conclusions than Oliver's and since the reason's for this are not
> included yet in your analysis, I suggest that we remove topic from the
> agenda of the call today.
>
>> b) normative sample
>> The proposal would work without the normative samples. However I think we should include them in the ODF spec in order
>> to improve readability. Much like the Primer in W3C specs.
>>
>> c)
>> We somehow need to come to a decision in the TC. I suggest to vote on each individual requirement.
>> To be clear. When the TC votes against one of my requirements I'll stick to the majority. It was just important for me
>> to raise my requirements.
>
> I think going through all requirements will take us too long, and won't
> help us unless we have a unanimous conclusions whether a requirement is
> met. I will post a suggestion how to proceed in a separate mail.
>
> Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer