Subject: Re: [office] comparing requirements againstThomas'/David's/Oliver'sproposal

On Wednesday 28 March 2007, Florian Reuter wrote:
> > Nevertheless, if this algorithm would be correct and many applications
> > has implemented it, this algorithm has to be adjusted, if a new
> > feature is introduced to <text:list> lists.
>
> Nice plan ;-) Update WW 95-2007...
> So you say either WW 95-2007 changes their internal way of numbering or it can't read ODF. Interresting ;-)

I admit that I'm very surprised by your claim that WW uses such a "post-increment" algorithm.
When I worked on importing WW lists into KWord, counter styles worked like I expected, not
using this weird post increment strategy. So either I missed something really big, or I cannot
really support your claim that WW works this way.
In any case I agree with those who posted that the design of WW is orthogonal to how ODF
models lists.