Subject: Re: [office] Formula: test cases

Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>
>>> This seems like a reasonable point, and the crux of the matter.
>>>
>> Well, a reasonable point but not really the crux of the matter.
>

> By this I mean the central question is whether formulas constitute a
> special case of sorts that would justify the approach. That, it seems
> to me, *is* the crux of the matter. General rules only work for
> general cases.

Oh, OK, I stand corrected. Sorry, did not understand that to be your point.

Hmmm, well I doubt this is the first time that formulas (or other math
functions) have been specified. I will check with the usual suspects
(standards bodies) and see what I can turn up. Most of that stuff tends
to be unavailable online but I will see what I can turn up.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: Would standards by mathematical associations count? Not ISO but
certainly similar in character.

Patrick@Durusau.net
Member, Text Encoding Initiative Board of Directors, 2003-2005