Subject: Re: [office] Office in collaboration!

On Thursday 29 March 2007 20:47, Dave Pawson wrote:
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/03/22/1815222
>
> PengYou is a promising Java-based client/server document management
> solution and versioning tool for individual users and small workgroups

Hmm, it seems KDE + KOffice really needs to advertise our capabilities much
more.  It has been able to do all the features posted in the article for
years already.  Saving a file on a remote location or opening it is what KDE
allows us to do with its networking ready solutions.

I, for example, place files on a webdavs server and can access that (securely)
from everywhere in the world.  Read only for others, read/write for ones that
have a password.

Do note that sharing files on a common location does not, in my eyes, meet the
criteria for collaboration software :)

Still, its very nice to see people writing software like that!
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature