Subject: Re: [office] Concerning backwards compatibility in odf 1.2

On Friday 30 March 2007 09:41, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Yes, but ODF is still settling down? I'd hope that we can be allowed a
> little leaway for the first few iterations?
> Is there a way we can have minor and major releases to minimise
> the impact on users who need that level of stability?

I personally got the impression we are doing pretty good.  The 4 questions Rob
asked I could answer positively for lists, for example.
With efforts like the formula SC only adding their results when its done means
that we don't have ugly backwards compatible issues. Or as one KDE person
always says (paraphrase);
 We're not a company, we just produce better [specs] at less costs.

:)
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature