Subject: Lists, and headings.

I'm trying to convert the flat file format of ODF Writer docs into
structured XML.

For numbered headings I'm finding

   <text:list text:style-name="L1">
    <text:list-item>
     <text:h text:style-name="P3" text:outline-level="1">Content</text:h>
     <text:list>
      <text:list-item>
       <text:h text:style-name="Heading_20_2" text:outline-level="2"/>
      </text:list-item>
     </text:list>
    </text:list-item>
   </text:list>

I.e. The headings are within lists?

If the structure is to be determined from 'conventional' styles, then it seems
reasonable to reject a document containing headings within a list?

Is it my use of the tool, or is this the normal way of identifying auto-numbered
headings (legal style).

If I use the toolbar (open office) to switch off numbering, I lose the
heading numbering for the visual presentation.

My view is that headings are not part of a list, so shouldn't be embedded
in list markup?

Any advice please?

TIA,

--