Subject: Re: [office] Differences between list proposals

Hi all,

is this kind of "analysis" appreciated by the TC? I disagree to Olivers analysis but I'm afraid that we run into the same endless mail threads again if I start commenting on it.

However I feel that I have to say at least something very brief:

Wrt. Continuation of lists:
<quote>
Thus, the same XML fragment will be interpreted differently in ODF 1.1 and ODF 1.2 with Proposal Two.
</quote>
Oliver is not very precise here. A better statement would be
<revised>
Thus, the same XML fragment will be interpreted differently in ODF 1.1 and ODF 1.2 with Proposal Two when Olivers' understand of ODF1.1 lists is used.
</revised>
However exactly this case is not specified by ODF1.1. Its also worth mentioning that Olivers' understanding of ODF1.1 lists contradicts e.g. with OOo's understanding of ODF1.1 lists.

Wrt. <text:numbered-paragraphs>
The relationship between text:lists and text:numbered-paragraphs is well defined in my proposal. The introduction of "direct" and "indirect" definitions makes no sense to me.

Wrt.  Enhancement style-override
<quote>
It's not clear, what the meaning of attribute text:style-name as a style information is, when also attribute text:list-style-override is present.
</quote>
I come to a different conclusion here. In fact its clearly states that style-override overrides the list style.

Please advice whether a detailed analysis or a detailled resonse to the analysis is appreciated.

~Florian

>>> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@Sun.COM> 04/13/07 4:47 PM >>>
Dear TC members,

I've uploaded a document containing some of the main differences between
the list proposals. These differences are in my view very important to know.

The document can be found in our document repository in category
proposals or directly via the following link
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23501/DifferencesBetweenListProposals-2007-04-13.odt

Regards, Oliver.