Subject: Re: [office] List Proposal Vote Deadline on Wednesday

On Wednesday 02 May 2007, Gary Edwards wrote:
> For internal MSOffice ODF plugin converters, the Sun/KOffice list
> proposal is a killer.  Same for the MS-CleverAge-Novell Translator
> project.  They will be able to produce ODF 1.2 documents (with the
> Sun/KOffice list model) without problem.  What they won't be able to do
> is load (convert back to the in-memory-binary-representation) ODF 1.2
> documents with the Sun/KOffice list model.  Any list structure in these
> documents would break.

I would like to see a proof of that...

My own experiences with the msword file format was that it uses a sort
of list id and that it looked more like text:numbered-paragraph than text:list.
However it was long ago and I could be wrong -- but if your analysis is entirely
based on Florian's words, well, then you can't really prove it either, it's only
a second hand truth. So: I would like to see a proof that "a MSOffice translator
can't load ODF-1.2 documents with the Sun/KOffice list model", before people
assume that it is true just because Florian's proposal talks about MS-compatibility
more than Oliver/Thomas's proposal.