Subject: Re: [office] How about an interoperability Subcommittee?

On Sunday 06 May 2007 22:44:06 robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> At the OASIS Symposium, and on the ODF Adoption TC calls, there has
> been a good amount of talk about ODF & interoperability.  This topic
> arises in a variety of forms:
>
> 1) Interoperability among ODF implementations, both traditional
> client-based editors (OpenOffice.org, KOffice, etc.) as well as with
> nontraditional editors, e.g., Google Docs & Spreadsheets
[]
> It seems to me that these topics may be "next big thing" after the ODF
> 1.2 work is done.
>
> Is there any interest among TC members in pursuing some of these topics
> in more depth in a subcommittee?

As I put quite some work into the ODF-testsuite[1] I do think that the
above point is very valid and important to look into.  Expanding the
testsuite to be more useful for odf-implementors would be great!

Unfortunately I am seriously strapped for time, and already backlogged on
the mailinglist for the testsuite quite a bit.  I would happily help
people build on top of my work, though.

1) http://testsuite.opendocumentfellowship.org
--
Thomas Zander