Subject: Re: [office] good bye

All:

With a truly neutral perspective, I can appreciate points on both sides. The
end result though is that I do believe that OASIS has acted fairly, however
it still seems somewhat unfair from the perspective of those affected.  I
say this on my own accord and my PoV does no reflect my employer or any
others.

Bruce, Andreas and others provide an in valuable service to the standards
world and IMO have gone way over the call of duty to provide value not only
to OASIS, but to people all over the world.  I can see the work they have
provided over the years and believe the value is worth the price of an
individual membership a hundred fold.  Even though I do not always agree
with their perspectives, having their input has been instrumental for
developing ODF and getting adoption of ODF.

On the other hand, OASIS is an organization that has to pay bills and
operate with an impartial and balanced set of rules.  They cannot pay their
bills with contributions and good will alone.  They do need $$.

I have no suggestions for a resolution.  I apologize if you read this far
and expected a really good resolution as mine is just a patch.

In an ideal world, others who benefited from the contributions would step up
and help.  With that in mind, life has been good to me and I will personally
endorse and support Bruce for a personal OASIS membership as he has provided
both myself an my employer with the value of his intellect over the years.
This is not from Adobe but from me personally.  For some reason, I seem to
keep having good luck and believe that it mist be for a higher purpose to
help my community.  If this is how I can help, I am more than happy to do
so.

Bruce - please let me know if this is acceptable.  I hope others who benefit
might come forward for other members.

Duane