Subject: Re: [office] proposal for 15.5.36 style:writing-mode, add 'auto'

Hi Thomas,

On Sunday, 2007-06-17 23:13:56 +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:

> > But we do have 15.5.37 "Automatic Writing Mode"
> > style:writing-mode-automatic
>
> Hmm, so if I have a paragraph style with;
>   style:writing-mode="lr"
> as well as
>  style:writing-mode-automatic="true"
>
> then for a new paragraph the writing mode is ignored and the application
> gets to redefine it for a new paragraph based on content.

Actually, when reading 15.5.37, it gave me the impression that the
"auto" value isn't only for new paragraphs, but also for already
existing paragraphs, and the additional style:writing-mode attribute is
only there to provide a hint to those applications that don't know ho to
determine the writing mode from content.

> Ok, sounds a bit weird to my ears, but thats ok :)
> Yes, I do think that is fully suited for my needs. Thanks for the pointer
> Elke!

Hey, please don't change my gender ;-)

  Eike