Subject: Re: [office] Recommendation to deprecate the is-subtable attribute

On 6/19/07, Andreas J Guelzow <aguelzow@math.concordia.ab.ca> wrote:

> Based on the examples in msg00048.html, the discussion _is_ subtables
> per se. The proposed "solution" does not involve any subtables.

What about the "table 2" example?

The document is a little confusing.

On one hand, it complains about the lack of proper structural encoding
of the subtables (table 2 being an example that would be more correct
from that standpoint).

OTOH, it complains that some implementations use subtables to indicate
something which they take to be semantically different, and hence not
accessible.

So which is it? Or can we split those two issues apart?

Bruce