Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call minutes 2007-06-25

* roll call

Robert Weir, IBM
Yue Ma, IBM
Helen Yue, IBM
Hironobu Takagi, IBM
Pete Brunet, IBM
Patrick Durusau
David A. Wheeler
David Faure, KDE
Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
Lars Oppermann, Sun Microsystems
Svante Schubert, Sun Microsystems
Oliver Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards, OpenDocument Foundation

* previous Minutes (2 weeks ago)
The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes from the last
coordination-call.

* action items
- metadata review, continue until end of this week
- metadata SC, post examples, done

* general TC status update
no news

* SC updates...
* Formula SC (DavidW)
Document with hiding is done.
Doing some cleanups, some semantics were in the test cases that had to
be hidden and we are working on moving those to the specification text.
Posted new version (last week).
Addressed all comments so far
Rob: I have found some support for yearfrac function, will contact you
off-line

* A11Y (Pete)
Subtables deprecation
We discussed whether it is only used for merging/splitting
Blind person can't see table structure
when focus moves from cell-to-cell
cell address is tracked by A11Y tooling (screen reader)
with subtables cell addressing looses the context
very confusing (often occurs in headers)
Hence, sub tables were removed
Others said that sub tables might be needed for other scenarios
We want to understand what those cases are
Michael: currently nested tables are still allowed. the is-subtable
attribute was used for merging the tables in order to simulate split/join
Hironobu: yes, as long as there is really a table in a table it's ok
David: but in order to correctly represent some html or xsl-fo and maybe
docbook documents, we need to be able to specify a nested table so that
it is  merged with the surrounding table
Lars: this should be defined with the table style, not as an attribute
on the table-attribute
Michael: so we deprecate it for merging/splitting and create two action
items:
- collect use cases subtable attributes -> David, Oliver
- check whether we need formatting attributes in order to merge nested
tables with surrounding tables (how is this done in CSS / FO) -> Lars
(in 2 weeks)

* Metadata (Svante)
Examples posted last Friday
Examples are not part of formal specification  but will be provided as
supporting documentation.
Michael: should we add an action item to review the Example
Svante: yes please
ACTION: review metadata example, post comments -> all

* Proposals
Citation field - addressed as part of metadata proposal, this proposal
is withdrawn

Integer/Floating point -> Michael, follow up

Chart-Label position -> DavidF following up

Table-Filter Condition
Eike: there was discussion whether this should be an element ot an
attribute
Lars: it should be an attribute because it is not part of the document
rendition
- no objection
RESOLVED

writing-mode/bidirectional text
- no objection
RESOLVED

allow glue-point for 3d objects
- no objection
RESOLVED

anim:audio timing attributes
- no objection
RESOLVED

call ends

* New Action Items
All: review metadata example
DavidW, Oliver: collect use cases for nested tables that get "merged"
with surrounding table.
Lars: research if/how merged tables are handled in HTML and XSL-FO
DavidF: follow up on chart-label auto-position
Michael: follow up on integer/float issue in svg attributes

--
Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer