Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC coordination callminutes 2007-06-25

Well -- you haven't replied to the mail where I asked you. So I bothered Lars.

Having a rought ODF timeline would realy help coordinating our development efforts.

Thanks,

~Florian

>>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 06/29/07 2:04 PM >>>
Hi Florian,

it's me who sets up the agenda but not Lars, but I will put this item on
the agenda for Monday.

Florian Reuter wrote:
> [...]
> Subtables deprecation
> We discussed whether it is only used for merging/splitting
> Blind person can't see table structure
> when focus moves from cell-to-cell
> cell address is tracked by A11Y tooling (screen reader)
> with subtables cell addressing looses the context
> very confusing (often occurs in headers)
> Hence, sub tables were removed
> Others said that sub tables might be needed for other scenarios
> We want to understand what those cases are
> Michael: currently nested tables are still allowed. the is-subtable
> attribute was used for merging the tables in order to simulate split/join
> Hironobu: yes, as long as there is really a table in a table it's ok
> David: but in order to correctly represent some html or xsl-fo and maybe
> docbook documents, we need to be able to specify a nested table so that
> it is  merged with the surrounding table
> Lars: this should be defined with the table style, not as an attribute
> on the table-attribute
> Michael: so we deprecate it for merging/splitting and create two action
> items:
> - collect use cases subtable attributes -> David, Oliver
> - check whether we need formatting attributes in order to merge nested
> tables with surrounding tables (how is this done in CSS / FO) -> Lars
> (in 2 weeks)
>
> * Metadata (Svante)
> Examples posted last Friday
> Examples are not part of formal specification  but will be provided as
> supporting documentation.
> Michael: should we add an action item to review the Example
> Svante: yes please
> ACTION: review metadata example, post comments -> all
>
> * Proposals
> Citation field - addressed as part of metadata proposal, this proposal
> is withdrawn
>
> Integer/Floating point -> Michael, follow up
>
> Chart-Label position -> DavidF following up
>
> Table-Filter Condition
> Eike: there was discussion whether this should be an element ot an
> attribute
> Lars: it should be an attribute because it is not part of the document
> rendition
> - no objection
> RESOLVED
>
> writing-mode/bidirectional text
> - no objection
> RESOLVED
>
> allow glue-point for 3d objects
> - no objection
> RESOLVED
>
> anim:audio timing attributes
> - no objection
> RESOLVED
>
> call ends
>
> * New Action Items
> All: review metadata example
> DavidW, Oliver: collect use cases for nested tables that get "merged"
> with surrounding table.
> Lars: research if/how merged tables are handled in HTML and XSL-FO
> DavidF: follow up on chart-label auto-position
> Michael: follow up on integer/float issue in svg attributes

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer