Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-metadata] Suggested Changes on the Metadata proposal

On Jul 2, 2007, at 7:45 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> The accessibility SC also has defined some new features for ODF. They
> have been added to ODF. They are all optional from the specification
> point of view, and the specification itself does not say anything how
> these features are implemented by applications. It only states what
> information they encode. But the accessibility SC is also working on
> guidelines for authors and implementors. And these guidelines are
> exactly the place where it is said how these features should be used
> in implemented in order to achieve that documents get accessible.
>
> So, maybe the solution is to work on such guidelines for metadata, too?

It seems to me the question of preservation for accessibility is the
same as that for metadata. If an application strips accessibility
attributes silently, it's the same problem as if they do so with an
xml:id attribute.

Therefore, while I can't speak for the accessibility group, I tend to
believe that dealing with this issue piecemeal is rather inadequate. It
should be done in a general conformance section.

E.g. if the metadata SC creates some "Metadata in ODF Guidelines and
Suggestions" document, it should NOT be our job there to tell
developers not to strip attributes or delete files.

Bruce