Subject: Preservation question

Greetings!

I have searched for work in OOXML that addresses the question of
preservation of metadata.

I think what comes closest is the following section:

> 9.1.9 Unknown Relationships
>
> All relationships not defined within this Standard are considered
> unknown relationships. Unknown relationships are valid within an
> Office Open XML document provided that they conform to relationship
> markup guidelines as defined by the OPC specification. Specifically:
>
> Conforming consumers shall not fail to load a document containing
> unknown relationships.
>
> Conforming producers are encouraged to roundtrip and preserve unknown
> relationships and their target parts.
I don't take "encouraged" to be the equivalent of "shall." ;-)

Hope this is helpful.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Acting Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
Co-Editor, OpenDocument Format (OASIS, ISO/IEC 26300)