Subject: Re: [office] how do we deal with metadata vocabularies?

Hi Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
> Hamburg wrote:
>
>> As for bibliographic data, the situation is that they are normatively
>> defined in ODF 1.1. For that reason I believe that the expectation is
>> that they will be normatively defined in future ODF versions, too, or
>> will be replaced by a normative references, which again requires that
>> the document we reference is a standard as well. So, if the work you
>> are doing at bibliontology.com is already stable, and if you would
>> contribute it to the TC, then we may consider to include it into the
>> ODF 1.2 specification.
>
> What is the process by which we would contribute such a thing? Would it
> be the ontology document? The HTML spec document (automatically
> generated from the ontology)? Or both?

Well, at best it would be what you would like to get added to the
specification.

But I was not so much talking about the technical aspect of a
contribution, but the IPR aspect. So, in order to be usable by the TC,
we must get whatever we may consider to include into the specification
under the terms and conditions of the OASIS IPR policies

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

> Also, I presume this would essentially be like a snapshot of it in time?
> E.g. we are free to evolve it independently if necessary?

We may have to check this with someone from OASIS, but I think so.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

        D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten