Subject: Re: [office] proposal to enhance annotations

On Thursday 26 July 2007 10:35:46 Dave Pawson wrote:
> -1 to the offic:annotation-end

It also feels odd and unmaintainable to me.  A "yet another Id".

I'm also not convinced the whole idea of having free lengths is all that
practical. What happens when I insert a paragraph in between the
annotated section? Does it also become annotated?
That could bring big problems if the annotation is something like an
author and I just unknowingly inserted a portion from another author.
Or the other way around, what happens when I move a paragraph out of the
annotated-part.  Does that part get the annotation again?

It should if this is a tag-begin and tag-end. Like you copy a bold piece
of text.  But I guess most editors have no choice but to see it as a
annotation-1 and an annotation-2 tag with everything in between ignoring
it.

I'd much rather see a proper usability designed thing. I can imagine that
having having a paragraph or a section annotated is much more practical;
i.e. the already known major structures.

So, this proposal gets a -1 from me. Having the tags doesn't mean we can
be interoperable; that takes a lot more.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature