Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Re: Fwd: [office] proposal to enhance annotations

adding the main TC list to the cc ...

Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hmm. Looks like a perfect use-case for metadata.
> And especially a lot of time went into the dicussion of ids and overlapping start/end segments.
>
> So I see no reason why introducing yet another extension mechanism.
>
> At least the proposal should be compatible with the metadata spec and not orthogonal.

Absolutely!

I'm fine with the notion that defining an annotation region is different
than a bookmark, and I agree that one should be able to define
annotation regions in ODF.

But beyond that, one could imagine some messy overlap with metadata.

E.g. a "compatible" proposal, to me, would be:

1) structurally equivalent to bookmarks
2) allow xml:id
3) use RDF for any optional metadata (creator, date, subjects, etc.).

So what does the annotation XML actually look like?

Bruce