Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for modification of preview image description

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 17:11:30 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:
> the package part of the specification describes how preview images have
> to be saved. It says:
>
> "Thumbnails must be saved as 24bit, non-interlaced PNG image with full
> alpha transparency. The required size for the thumbnails is 128x128
> pixel."
>
> Well, the limitation to 128x128 pixels seems not to be appropriate,
> because different operating system use different preview image sizes. I
> suggest that we remove the other limitations as well. That is, I
> propose that we simply state:
>
> "Thumbnails *shall* be saved in the PNG format."

Can you explain why this is a problem?  128x128 and all other specs seem
to be a pretty high-res allowing you to downscale as required.

Furthermore; it seems highly inappropriate to alter the preview size based
on the operating system of the users preference. Which is what I gather
you meant with your suggestion.  If not, I'm not sure why there is any
reason to make the rules any more flexible.

I'm confused.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature