Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for modification of preview image description

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 21:11:13 Patrick wrote:
> > Sorry, your logic is lost on me. :(

> No, because the 1 size preview is exactly what I got from the other
> user. He made a choice that I cannot change.

Ah, in that case I agree with you. One thing that is relevant is a small
reversal of roles; the embedded thumbnail size will never be the choice
of the user *receiving* the document.  Irrelevant of the wording of the
spec.
Instead, it will always be defined by the writing ODF implementation.

So, we are talking about what your friend would write out; would we change
the spec. If he is on a Windows machine it might be a 32x32 image, when
he is on KDE it might be a 128x128 image.  And naturally when you get
that document you have to live with whatever the original authors
application wrote.
So, as you dislike being stuck with what the other user decided, we agree
that letting that user have a choice is a bad thing.

And this is exactly why having a high-res thumb requirement is a good
idea; so the other user can't decide on a low-res one for you which you
are stuck with.
--
Thomas Zander

PGP signature