Subject: Re: [office] Projity's OpenProj

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> News:  Projit's MS Project clone moving to open source, talking with Sun
> regarding possible move to OpenOffice.org.
>
> The part that caught my interest was, "Projity plans to invest
> "significant resources" into driving the creation of an open standards
> document format for project management that would be an alternative to
> the .mpp/.mpx formats used by Microsoft Project, and would eventually
> become a subset of the OpenDocument Format natively used by OpenOffice
> and StarOffice. "
>
> So something to think about after ODF 1.2, perhaps adding project
> management formats.

Yes, though would like to see them get more innovative (e.g. less
"MS-clone"!) project management developers like the Omni Group involved
if possible to make sure it's a suitably flexible format.

ODF really needs to be a path to the next generation in productivity,
rather than just the old ways in XML.

Bruce