Subject: Re: [office] Fwd: Re: Chart Data Label Positions

> Subject: Re: Chart Data Label Positions
> Date: Monday 20 August 2007
> From: Bjoern Milcke <Bjoern.Milcke@sun.com>
> To: David Faure <faure@kde.org>

> What you learn in school is that California is west of Arizona, it is
> not left.

Well, I'm a professor of geography, so I know a little about this. ;-)

Surely direction WRT to the Earth (which is what North, South etc is
representing) is an entirely different matter than WRT to a document?
If I have a piece of paper and I face South and want to identify the
direction "up" then I am in fact pointed "South", not North. Using
this, then, is at best a convenient analog, and at worst really weird.

Bruce