Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument v1.2 draft 5

On 23/08/07, Michael Brauer <Michael.Brauer@sun.com> wrote:

> However, simply changing the name would have the impact that this
> feature would not be understood by ODF 1.1 applications any more, and
> that the ODF 1.2 specification would not define what the meaning of this
> attribute is for ODF 1.1 documents.

Is there a general ODF policy on backwards compatibility please Michael?

So if we change the name, we may
> want to introduce a new attribute actually, and may want to deprecate
> the old one, both having the same semantic. This does not solve the
> backward compatibility issue, but it at least makes sure that an ODF 1.2
> application still understands 1.1 files.
>
> However, before we discuss whether we want to take into account the
> above implications for having a different, maybe in fact better,
> attribute name, I think it would be reasonable to know what the new name
> would be. Do you (or someone else) has a suggestion for this?

The semantics are to suppress heading numbering?

Suggest an attribute name supressNumbering, which takes
two fixed values?
This to be applied to the element representing the header.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.