Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument v1.2 draft 5

Hi all,

we made incompatible changes to the numbering anyway. So I see no reason why we can't change it.

~Florian

>>> Michael Brauer <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM> 08/23/07 4:48 PM >>>
Hi Dave,

I also assume that the name of the attribute has been chosen because of
the similarities of a heading having this attribute set to "true" to a
list header. This may have been a good idea, or not.

However, simply changing the name would have the impact that this
feature would not be understood by ODF 1.1 applications any more, and
that the ODF 1.2 specification would not define what the meaning of this
attribute is for ODF 1.1 documents. So if we change the name, we may
want to introduce a new attribute actually, and may want to deprecate
the old one, both having the same semantic. This does not solve the
backward compatibility issue, but it at least makes sure that an ODF 1.2
application still understands 1.1 files.

However, before we discuss whether we want to take into account the
above implications for having a different, maybe in fact better,
attribute name, I think it would be reasonable to know what the new name
would be. Do you (or someone else) has a suggestion for this?

Dave Pawson wrote:

>>> No problems changing it...
>> This is a feature that has also been published in ODF 1.1, so changing is
>> not that simple.
>
> Which is a seriously wrong line to follow IMHO.
>
> It's semantically bad markup.
>
> It should be changed.
>
> regards

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org