Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument v1.2 draft 5

On 8/23/07, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:
On Thursday 23 August 2007 17:45:58 Florian Reuter wrote:
> we made incompatible changes to the numbering anyway. So I see no
> reason why we can't change it.

what does the topic of headers have to do with the topic of lists ?

The TC already broke compatibility with ODF 1.1 and 1.0 with the list enhancement amendment. So I interpret what Florian said as simply noting that more incompatibilities are merely cumulative.

BTW, how are you coming on that research you began months ago on whether the List Enhancement Amendment in fact broke interop? Have you yet found a solution for my use case, the multiple app round trip with some apps supporting only list tuples and some supporting list triples, using only what is defined in the ODF 1.2 draft specification (no application level hacks)?

Well, apart from looking similar on screen, but that's quite irrelevant
for the subject at hand ;)

Not unless you've got newly discovered evidence that the List Enhancement Amendment did not in fact break interoperability. So what's the KDE solution to my use case, Thomas? Or is your research still too preliminary to discuss?

Best regards,

Marbux