Subject: is-list-header

On Monday 03 September 2007, Lars.Oppermann@sun.com wrote:
> We could:
> add a new attribute with the same semantics
> and deprecate "is-list-header"
> Dave suggested "suppress-numbering"
> Is this needed for numbered paragraphs too?
> RESOLUTION: deprecate is-list-header attribute and add
> suppress-numbering attribute.

Do we really need this attribute at all? Isn't there another way of specifying that a list item
shouldn't be numbered? -- like using the new override-style mechanism and pointing to a style
that doesn't have numbering?

This attribute always seemed odd to me, because it looks very special-case. If, as I think,
we already have a way of specifying that a list item shouldn't be numbered, using styles,
then I believe we should deprecate is-list-header without offering any boolean attribute
as replacement, simply offering override-style as replacement.

> Is this needed for numbered paragraphs too?
I don't believe so; those can already point to a no-numbering style just fine.