Subject: Re: [office] How to add animations for shapes on master pages

Hi David,

David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Peter Korn wrote:
>> Hi Dave, David,
>>
>> David - if I understand you correctly, you are saying "do in master
>> pages for animations what we do in non-master/normal pages for
>> animations."  Thus, if there is no accessibility issue with animations
>> in normal pages, in theory we won't be introducing one in master pages.
>> Correct?
>
> Yes. Those two issues are orthogonal (whatever accessibility issue there is in normal pages
> there is in master pages too - I'm not saying there isn't an issue, I'm saying it's unrelated to my request),
> and because of the accessibility question I didn't get any answers about the initial question :-)
>
> I would like to suggest for the next conference call that we vote on the simple issue
> of "allowing animations in master pages". KOffice's presentation program needs this,
> and OpenOffice's Impress seems to need it too, since it is currently possible to assign
> an animation to a shape on a master page but then nothing happens... which shows
> that the need is there, but that ODF has a deficiency on this topic.

Hmm. We have accepted that already on March, the 12th. The resulting
changes will be in draft 6. When I have uploaded it, can you please
check whether the changes we made are appropriate from your point of view.

Michael

> As far as I can see the concrete proposal would be to add
>         <optional>
>             <choice>
>                 <ref name="presentation-animations"/>
>                 <ref name="animation-element"/>
>             </choice>
>         </optional>
> after
>         <zeroOrMore>
>             <ref name="shape"/>
>         </zeroOrMore>
> in the definition of <element name="style:master-page">.
>
> I'm not sure about the difference between presentation-animations and animation-element?
> I took the "choice" part with both things from the <draw:page> definition. Do both apply
> to master pages?
>
> Also, note that it should be possible to define the first step of an animation in the master page
> and the second step of an animation (on another shape) in the normal page. I'm not sure how
> steps are defined in SMIL, so do we need to change anything else for this?

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten