Subject: Re: [office] Clarification for frame formatting propertystyle:flow-with-text

Hi Andreas,

see my answers/comments inline.

Andreas J Guelzow wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-16-10 at 11:21 +0200, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software
> Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>
>> This isn't correct - probably I'm not clear enough in my previous mails:
>> - style:flow-with-text="true":
>> This means "stay inside the layout environment of its anchor and if
>> possible, flow with the text flow.
>> E.g., Consider an object anchored at a paragraph, which is inside a
>> table cell, which belongs to a table inside the body text. This object
>> will not leave the area of the table cell. If the table cell is broken
>> into several parts, the object can flow from the first part, which
>> contains its anchor to the second part.
>> - style:flow-with-text="false":
>> This means "object can leave the layout environment of its anchor and
>> can be positioned somewhere in the page area, where its anchor is in.
>> E.g., Consider an object anchored at a paragraph, which is inside a
>> table cell, which belongs to a table inside the body text. This object
>> can be positioned somewhere in the page area, for example in the
>> left/right page margin or at the bottom of the body text area or at the
>> top of the page area.
>>
>> Thus, the user can decide, if she/he wants to "clip to the parent or not".
>
> Is "clip to the parent or not" a separate property?
No, it isn't. It's a property, which Thomas is proposing instead of my
clarification to existing property style:flow-with-text.

> Clearly whether to
> clip or not is orthogonal to whether to flow with the text or not:
>
> Imagine I have an object attached to the 23 word of text inside a table
> cell.
Thus, in OOo I would anchor the object at the first character of the
word with anchor type at-character.

> I may prefer any one of the following:
>
> 1) the object should appear at a certain location relative to the anchor
> point inside the cell and clipped to the cell.
In OOo:
- choose a horizontal and a vertical position relative to the anchor
character.
- set style:flow-with-text = "true" -> assures that the object stays
inside the table cell
- assure that the table cell has a fixed height by setting the height of
the row to a fixed value -> assures that the table cell *doesn't*
increase its height in order to achieve that the object fits into the
table cell.

> 2) the object should appear at a certain location relative to the anchor
> point inside the cell and possibly overlapping information outside the
> cell.
In OOo:
- choose a horizontal and a vertical position relative to the anchor
character.
- set style:flow-with-text = "false" -> assures that the object can
leave the table cell.

> 3) the object should appear at a certain location relative to the anchor
> point inside the cell with the cell enlarged to encompass the object.
In OOo:
- choose a horizontal and a vertical position relative to the anchor
character.
- set style:flow-with-text = "true"
- assure that the table cell fits its size to its content by checking
the corresponding option the row -> assures that the table cell tries
increase its height in order to achieve that object fits into the table cell

> 4) the object should appear at a certain absolute location on the same
> page as the anchor point. Of course no clipping to the table cell should
> happen.
In OOo:
- choose a horizontal and a vertical position relative to one of the
page areas.
- set style:flow-with-text = "false"

> 5) the object should appear at a certain location relative to the anchor
> point somewhere on the same page as the anchor point.  (This may in fact
> effectively be the same as #2.)
Yes, same as #2 in OOo.

Regards, Oliver.