Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

On 10/27/07, Florian Reuter <freuter@novell.com> wrote:

> My request is: Can we additionally add a <text:meta-field-start/>  and a <text:meta-field-end/>?

For the rest, background on this conversation is here:

<http://florianreuter.blogspot.com/2007/07/field-enhancement-proof-of-concept.html>

So Florian has been doing some good (and really needed) work on
upgrading field support in OOo, and it struck me this looks like how I
would expect the new text:meta;field to be implemented. So I asked
Florian about that.

My guess is he's using bookmarks, since there's nothing else he can
use AFAIK. It seems he has a use case that is not covered by
text:meta-field, however, which is a field which spans paragraphs.

I would say, if we agree this is a reasonable use case, Florian's
proposal makes sense. I can't think of any other good way to handle
it. It would silly for him to have to use bookmarks for one kind of
generic field output, and text:meta-field for another, where they are
otherwise essentially the same.

Bruce