Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

If I understood correctly that is an alternative solution.

So you think of something like

which is interpreted as:
which spans multiple paragraphs End descr text.

The schema of text:meta-fields would allow this I guess.

I was thinking of that before. Little harder to implement (so not prefered :-)) but OK too.

Could we agree on that?

~Florian

On Sun, 2007-28-10 at 17:00 +0000, Florian Reuter wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> good question :-)
>
> The thing is that there are documents out there using this :-( Mainly these are "Description"-like fields. E.g.
>
> Patient Name: ______
> Patient Number: ________
> Amnamese: Bla bla bla bla
> bla
> bla
> bla
> bla
> [TABLE]
> bla
> bla
> bla
>
> My question is: Do we want to be able to encode these document in OpenDocument?

Of course we want to , but I don't see anything crossing paragraph
boundaries. At best I see a field that contains multiple paragraphs and
is included inside another paragraph.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, Professor
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences