Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

On 30/10/2007, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun
Microsystems <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@sun.com> wrote:

> >> I can only say, that there are several corporate customers and
> >> government customers of OpenOffice.org, which are requesting the feature
> >> of "multi-paragraph-spanning" input fields. For some of these customers
> >> this feature is a must.
> >

> > Sorry, I don't regard that as justification. If they want a Microsoft Logo
> > would you add that?
> >
> I'm sorry. In my honest opinion, such comments does not have to do
> anything with constructed work in this TC.

Nor does your customer requests IMHO?
That was the comparison.

> > What technical justification is there for breaking the xml tree model please?
>
> Can you please illustrate, why my proposed idea breaks the xml tree
> model? My idea can be found in the posting
> http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200710/msg00091.html

Because of the lmnl approach? Entities spanning from one entity to another?

That's the definition I'm using for breaking the simple tree model
that XML builds on.

You've described what your customers want I guess, in the msg00091.html
but I don't see any technical justification for this? The reference seems
to be to an earlier Sun meeting?

regards

--
Dave Pawson