Subject: Re: [office] style property defaults

Dave Pawson wrote:
> On 02/11/2007, Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@sun.com> wrote:
> Two issues.
> Since rng, unlike a DTD cannot specify default values, how would these
> be obtained?

This is exactly the issue which led to the decision to define defaults outside
of the schema. Thus, an implementor can look up in the spec what defaults for a
property her application should use if the information is not obtainable from
the ODF document.

Furthermore, we said that we wanted to provide the final defaults in the form of
ODF XML fragments so that an implementor can re-use those in an application as a
starting point.

> What about irregular combinations of attributes? I.e. two attributes
> that cannot
> be used together? How might this be addressed?
> What about other interdependencies?

I don't think that this is a problem, given the goals stated above. Furthermore,
I am not aware of such a combination - which doesn't mean that they don't exist.
I'd be thankful for an example here.

Bests,
Lars

--
Sun Microsystems                Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>
Nagelsweg 55                    Software Engineer